Friday, June 11, 2004

Ambition followup

In Mark Cuban's blog today he said the following:

"In the real world we either challenge ourselves to figure out how to reach our dreams and goals, or we find ourselves doing the same thing day to day wondering what it will take to find the lives we want.

In the real world, everyone thinks there is something special about themself.
If they only had the chance to show it, and somehow enable it, they could stand out from the pack. Some do. Most dont. "

I thought that that was a timely followup to my rant about people saying "I wish" instead of making it happen.

4 Comments:

Blogger Four1Fool said...

Perhaps it's not that they don't have the follow through as it is that some of their needs aren't being met.

The thing that Maslow, Cuban and Wilson don't realize is that needs, goals and dreams are all very similar. If your needs aren't being met--drop some of your needs. If your dreams aren't being met--drop some of your dreams. Perhaps those people are dropping those goals or dreams, and they just pick them back up later only to drop them again. At least they somewhat realize that: Life is a zero sum game.You can disagree

Mon Jun 14, 01:43:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing to do w/ your article Greggars but i had a light bulb go off in my head while taking a poo. I was sitting there finishing the pinch off and i happened to notice the rose pattern on the sandpaper. Then all the sudden Outkast popped into my head. Roses really do smell like boo boo!.... Eventually

Mon Jun 14, 03:53:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Greg said...

Dear Anonymous,

If it weren't for people like you taking time out of their day to come to my site and see what I have to say, I probably wouldn't have anything to do with that Outkast song that you mentioned.

Thank you for thinking about me...it makes two of us.

Mon Jun 14, 06:44:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Four1Fool said...

If you increase your fiber take, you can avoid the pinch altogether, and you'll get a clean wipe everytime. I recommend Metamucil capsules.

Tue Jun 15, 11:10:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
island drafting and technical institute