Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Dead Presidents.

Well after reading my previous post on depressions, I want to cry. Seriously, its a good thing that I'm the only one that reads these things, or I would have made everyone cry. Hopefully this rant will be slightly more cheerful.

Amex, Nasdaq, and Nyse are closed on Friday. So is the government. Why you might ask? Because a 93 year old man who last month did not even remember if he was even alive, passed away. Now I am sure Ronald Reagan was a great man. I mean he had to be right? After all he was an actor, and before that he was in movies. (Do you see what I did there, I called him an actor for being a politician). I honestly don't have a problem with him. I have a problem with people making a big spectacle about his death. He didnt die in office. The only thing I remember about him are 2 of the policies that were tried when he was in office. Trickle down economics, which trickled down the drain, and the war on drugs, which we clearly lost. Boy and did the 80s ever suck. How could so many people forget how to act, write, and make music in one decade? Never had I felt the Nietzsche could have been any more right. (God is dead).

In any case. I am not trying to be insensitive...I just don't understand the over hyping of this particular situation...I feel that a few minutes of silence, a weekend of Reagan movies, and flying flags at half-staff is enough. (please do not make any wham jokes about f(l)ags flying at half-staff)

Finally, the Daily Show pointed out...how are Carter and Ford going to top this? They must be feeling screwed. Jon Stewart's writers' advice was that they should, uh, save a baby. By running into a burning house. Together. Holding hands.

Spread the word....Greg's blog is the site to go to when you are bored. Bookmark this page, eh?

2 Comments:

Blogger Four1Fool said...

Ronald Reagan was spending 11 Million dollars a day to keep the Gulf safe for Japanese oil.

This was entertaining

Wed Jun 09, 05:03:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Greg said...

Nietzsche said god was dead, I just added it as sarcasm. In coming posts you will see that I do not believe that God is dead. But I do invite you and me to look at the world differently. Its not what it seems, and we are not smart enough or emotionless enough to begin understand it.

Thank you for the post. Keep them coming!

Mon Jun 14, 03:15:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
island drafting and technical institute