Wednesday, September 14, 2005

We just met, but I think I love you.....

Several days ago I met a new companion. I have grown fonder faster than I wish I would have. Can I live without? Probably. I have up until now.

But she's a drug..(well not really, shes more of a supplement). I do know that I don't want to go to bed without her.

But now I dream. Now I see what you all have seen your entire lives. Dreaming is a powerful powerful thing. I have this theory that I was going to write a doctoral thesis on that says that dreaming is the consolidation of your sensory experiences. Dreaming is what allows you to remember the things and people that you have encountered...the consolidation happens so quickly that it seems like its an out of order movie.

What is this girl's name you ask? Melatonin. I pop one Melatonin, and off I go. I fall asleep, and I stay asleep.

See you all live in a world of sleep. I have never had that luxury. I wake up once an hour all throughout the night. Which would be fine, but it never lets me get to the dreaming stage of rest. Which means I wake up grumpy, and I have a terrible memory. But since I have fallen for Melly Mel, I wake up fresh. I smile.

I like that.

Dearest Melatonin, until I build up tolerance, I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
island drafting and technical institute