Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Patent idea and fatty fat.

Alright, so I hate things taking up space right? It just isn't efficient.

So as I was trying to fix my air conditioning (without knowing how to fix anything but dinner) I got pissed. People's AC units/furnaces often have their own room devoted to them. A room that could easily be the size of an additional bathroom, or storage.

So why don't they build these things flat instead of tall. They could get the same volume if it were flat, and have the same results. Then once these appliances (ESPECIALLY the hot water heater) are flat, they could be hidden in the ceiling in the basement. BAM! we automatically have a 7'X7' area of our house back.

Update on "The bet". Well the deadline is a week from today. I have 4 more lbs to go. I have lost 13 so far (my scale was wrong initially, so I was fatter than I thought). Dropping this much weight hasn't been too bad. I have just stopped eating processed foods and have ran 2 miles a day 6 days a week. I do not know where the next 4 lbs are going to come from...I am out of fat to lose. More to come....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you made them flat they would have much more surface area for the same valume causing the rate of cooling/heating to rise lowering the desired efficiency

Wed Jun 15, 02:21:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Greg said...

you are kidding, right? raising the rate of heating/cooling would significantly raise the efficiency.

Pour 5 ounces of water on a flat plate and 5 ounces of water in a dixie like cup. Put them in the freezer and tell me which one freezes quicker.

More surface area is better in this case!...they are probably built tall because thats the ways its only been (except that it used to be with coal).

Sun Jul 03, 10:48:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
island drafting and technical institute