Monday, April 18, 2005

Do you want to retire in less than 2 years...grow some balls.

Disclaimer: The figures in this post are based on several assumptions...the biggest of which is that the future will resemble the past.

Most people in the real world bitch about not liking their job, or not having enough to buy whatever, or pay bills.

Well here's a solution.

Buy 10 houses. Before I go any further, I have to say: Houses are just things. Nothing more. Its not a big event to buy a house. Its just a thing.

So if you buy ten 100k houses you can rent them for 1k and your payments on a 20 year loan will be 800ish. So if you had ten houses you would make 24k a year TAKEHOME money (which is more take home than the average household gets!...not person, household!)

Every year the houses will appreciate 5% on average. So the spread between your loan and your rental income will grow. Every year you would get a 5% raise. Or you could sell a house and reap the benefits of someone else paying it down for you and its appreciation.

Plus the houses will get paid down (by someone else). Plus you get to save a ton on taxes....(not only can you deduct more, but you will save 7% of the payroll taxes that you are currently paying right now).

But Greggie Greg, I don't have enough for a down payment. I have 2 houses. I have paid a combined total of 800 dollars out of my own pocket to buy them. You people spend more than $800 on toys!

But most importantly, the houses will appreciate. Ten 100k houses will be worth $1.6MM in ten years. But you will only owe 600k-ish. So you just made 1MM appreciation in 10 years, plus by now your rental income is 16,000 rent - 8,000 mortgage payments = $8,000 a month X 12 = $96k a year. All this and you will only work 2-5 hours a week. Oh and that $96K is nowhere being the same as a $96k salary because. (96k salary ends up being 57k after taxes).

Everyone knows and understands everything I just said.

But who has the balls to act? Its alot more convenient to complain isn't it?

You're all too stupid to retire in 2 years. (Note: I have not retired either, so obviously I am stupid also).

Disclaimer: The figures in this post are based on several assumptions...the biggest of which is that the future will resemble the past.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I resent the implication that I spend $800 on toys. $800 on food, gas, and beer maybe. And although the beer does provide me with entertainment I don't put it in the toys category; maybe I should but I don't. And as for gas, well I really hate driving so I only do it as a means to an end.

Wed May 04, 12:25:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
island drafting and technical institute