Friday, May 06, 2005

John Rocker.

There is a good article on John Rocker at ESPN.

The whole situation pisses me off. People hate him for no other reason than the idea that he was hateful. How hypocritical can you be? Can there be a more vicious cycle than hating for hate. Martin Luther King preached Hate breeds Hate. Isn't it sad that that's true.

Who hasn't said something bad about a race/gender/whatever different then theirs at one point in their life. If he has spent millions of his dollars to shut down the train, then I could see a reason to be upset. But he just said words. (sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.) The only way words can hurt you is if you are insecure. He could have said he hates 25 year old white men from Missouri. So what, I don't care. They're just words.

But I digress. The very people that hate him for who he was hate themselves, because they are no different than he was. They hate him for hating someone with different views than themselves.

Look in the mirror. John Rocker is not, and never was a problem. He was just a Sports Illustrated story.

(Now if they wanted to hate him for his 80's haircut, I could see that...there is no justification for it)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
island drafting and technical institute