Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Welfare in Sports

Read this article.

its like welfare in sports!.....isnt part of growing up getting knocked down? its the players that lose by 50 and still fight that learn a bigger life lesson than those teams that win by 50. resilience is more important that domination. Domination is temporary, resilience is forever.

not to mention they are penalizing the successful teams!

I want to live to see a game where some team wins in basketball by 100, or some team score 100 in football. If you can win by 20, why not try to win by 200. I know if someone is playing me and I am down by 1000, I am still going to try to come back and win. Isn't that was sports is about? Learning lessons from losing. Learning Resilance.

If you get knocked down 7 times, get up 8.

Or in some states, if you get knocked down 7 times, the state will bail you out so its not any worse. What a welfare way of looking at sports.

I am disappointed!

1 Comments:

Blogger milu said...

nice post.
keep it up!

autonews

Thu Jul 13, 04:49:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
island drafting and technical institute