Wednesday, June 08, 2005

If you don't like your situation, then change it.

I hate listening to people bitch. If you think you are fat, then lose weight. If your boyfriend beats you, leave him.

It is your body. It is your mind. It is your time. You are in control of your life. Noone else. Its not the situation you are in that matters, its your perception of that situation.

I am not happy. I will never be happy. But I try. I take complete ownership for whatever happens to me. That's a hard thing to do. It takes alot of internalization. Nothing is anyone else's fault. Ever.

A few months ago, I decided I weighed more than I should. I did something about it.
Now its time to focus on my career. I love my team. I love my boss's boss. I dig my boss's boss's boss. I really enjoy what I do. I could do this job with this team for another 15 years...just like the rest of my team has been working together for 15+ years.

But I do not like my boss. She is an idiot and a micromanager. But that is my problem. I am miserable under her Napoleanoic reign. So instead of bitching about it, I'm trying to change the situation. If I can not change the situation then I will remove myself from it.

That is one thing I don't get. I will never get. If you are not happy with your situation, change it. If you can't change it, then remove yourself from it.

And most importantly. It is always your fault. Noone else's. Its your life.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And its now or never.
I ain't gonna live forever.

Fri Jul 01, 03:00:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
island drafting and technical institute