Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Open Message to "You"

You are smarter than me.
You are more knowledgable than me.
You have more experience than me.
You are more athletic than me.
You are more open minded than me. I wish I was as open minded as you.
You understand things that I think that I understand.
You are a better writer than me.
You have a larger vocabulary than me.
Your grammar is better than mine.
You are better looking than me.
You have better luck with the ladies than me.
You have more money than me.
You are funnier than me.
You are more gregarious than me.
You can cook better than me.
You are more clean than me.
Things that seem like common sense to me, really are for you.
You are never wrong. I always am.
You have traveled more than me.
My house is crappy.
You were brought up wealthier than me. (I was brought up poor, my mom made my clothes).
You are more humble than me.
You are more reasonable than me.
You are better than me at everything.
You are smarter than me.

I firmly believe all of the above. I can not be(at) "you." Why must you argue with me so much. Why must you try to prove to yourself and anyone around any of the above? You know its true. Thats why you feel the need to tell me.

Am I a confident person. Hell yes. You have everything on the above list. But you will never outwork me. You will never try more than me. I am proud of me. I have earned and worked at everything I have and know. I don't have or know as much as you, but what I have is mine. It was easy for you, or maybe you tried a little bit. But I am confident, because I am proud. I am ambitious, because I have earned ambition.

I just want to be the best me. I am who I am. And its all I'm ever going to be.

Can't you just get along with me? Will you always misunderstand me?

Please quit arguing with me. You win. You always have.

2 Comments:

Blogger Four1Fool said...

How many people are truly misunderstood? How many people want to be misunderstood because they strive daily to be different from everyone else? How many people's lives are so empty to themselves that they ______?

When you find out a way to truly not worry about it, please let me know.

People need to take life less seriously. Why worry?--No one gets out alive anyway.

Thu Sep 02, 12:55:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Greg said...

I'm not worried. That's the thing. I am not worried. I am dismayed, and disappointed. Over the last few months the people that I know have become the people I knew. The friends I have had for a very long time, have become the friends that I had had for a long time.

I don't feel empty. I feel the opposite. I feel whole. I feel that those around me feel empty so they try to bring me down, because they know I am happy with the direction of my life. Do they realize they are doing this? I doubt it. Does that make it hurt me any less? It can't.

Do I care if people misunderstand me? No. Do I care if people who I feel are my friends misunderstand me. Yes.

I'm tired of arguing with my core group of friends. I am tired of wishing that they respected me. If every conversation becomes an agrument, then what's the point? Is there ever a compromise or understanding reached after the quibbles. No. Just an agreement to drop it. That doesn't make me a better person. That's what I want in life. To be the best me.

Is there any reason for me writing this or talking about it? No. The people that are hurting me are all smart enough to come up with their own theories. They're also vain enough to have the theories involve anything but what I feel. Because I am wrong. I always am.

I was always taught: "If you are not happy with the situation you are in, than change it. If you can't change it, then move on."

Thu Sep 02, 01:25:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
island drafting and technical institute