Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Giving Thanks!

Thank you to all of those that have impacted my life.

Thank you to my parents. Thank you for always being there for me when I need you, and knowing not to be there when I think I need you. Thank you for always teaching me to be my own person. For always teaching me to learn. For always teaching me that no matter how much I think I know, I do not know anything.

Thank you for being rough with me as a kid. It taught me about people. It taught me how to handle my own stress, and how I will handle stress when I have my own children.

Thank you to my 7 ear, nose, and throat surgeries. I am thankful that I was mediocre at athletics in high school. I am thankful for failing 2 classes in high school. I am thankful for dropping out of college as an undergrad. I am thankful that 4 days a week I wake up puking for no apparant reason. All of these have taught me resiliance. I will fall. I will get up. Without resiliance, I would be nothing.

Thank you to all of the kids at St. Dismas who made fun of me every day of my life. Yes I studdered, yes I would say quirky things, yes my mom did make most of my clothes, yes my hair was too long, yes I did spit when I talked, yes I did have to go to a school for retards to get rid of a terrible speach impedidement. But it taught me about people's insecurities. People have and will always try to bring me down because of their own insecurities. Thank you for teaching me that.

thank you to Mike Jasper, who in that one conversation in my parents kitchen forever changed my life. You taught me that the world is not like it seems. To never believe what you're sold. You taught me skepticism. You taught me cyncism. You also taught me loyalty. You fought for me. Over and over again. (Hell you even got jumped and then arrested for something I did, and wouldn't let me take the blame for it when I ratted myself out). You were a soldier. I miss that.

Thank you to the brothers I played sports with. Dropping you off in the ghetto taught me that not everyone is like me.

Thank you to all of you who believed in me. Thank you to the few teachers at Dismas who used to come to my house because you thought I was a genius, and was scared about me always getting in trouble. Thank you to everyone who has ever believed in me.

Thank you to my siblings. Tony and Joey, I am sorry that I always wanted to and threatened to kill you. I unfairly did what dad did to me. I deflected my anger at the world at you. I am sorry. Thank you for always being there for me. Tony thank you for always getting stuff done. Joey thank you for being smarter than me. Laura, thank you for showing me that principal means more than anything. Thank you also for always having hot friends!

Uncles, thank you for raising me as a kid, thank you for always inspiring me. Thank you for showing me how Wilson's are insane, and how I need to balance the Wilson curse...(a constant paradox of thinking you are great at the same time that you think you are worthless).

Thank you to my KC crew. There are few times in my life when I enjoy myself more than I do when I am hanging out with you.

Thank you to Hadley, Steph, Michele, Andy, Mai, and Jill. In my life, you 6 have been the only people who i have ever trusted to entirely open up to.

Thanks to all my doubters. Without you, I wouldn't be me. Keep fueling the fire! Keep telling me I can't and I won't. So I will.

Thank you to Nick, whoever the hell that is...I asked for comments in my previous blog and only he gave me some!

The list goes on and on. Every day of my life, I am thankful for all of you who have impacted my life. Thank you. Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you forgot to thank Halo!

Sun Nov 28, 12:49:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
island drafting and technical institute