Friday, January 13, 2006

Anything worth having, is worth sacrificing for.....

Its hard to be a landlord. Noone told me it'd be easy. I knew what I was getting into...I also know I am just getting started and there are many large challenges on the way.

-Its not easy finding a property.
-Its not easy getting financing...especially when you are barely making more than average american.
-Its not easy finding time to find a house, and then get the house appraised, inspected, etc, while still working 40 hours a week.
-Its not easy finding a quality tenant.
-I don't want to rent a house to anyone, I want to rent a home to people. Its not easy to spend the extra time and money it takes to make a house into a home.
-Its not easy seeing how much debt I have.
-Its not easy being patient. I am sacrificing today for tomorrow. There is no immediate gratification.
-Its not easy satisfying and coordinating a tenant who's AC went out in the hottest part of the year, and all AC people are backed up for weeks.
-All the unknowns will not be easy (evictions, vandelisms, multiple vacancies, etc)

All of the above are challenges. If you overcome the challenges there is alot of money to be made. By overcoming the above obstacles, many people have gained financial independance. I have never heard anyone say they lost their ass on real estate. But this is alot of work and stress....and its fun. Its fun to overcome a bombardment of challenges....after you overcome them.

I want financial independance. I don't want to bitch about my job like everyone else does. I want to take control of my days, instead of being under the control of an employer.

Anything worth having is worth sacrificing for. If I fall short of my goals, so be it....but I sleep at night knowing that I stepped up to the plate.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not going to lie i just read the title and that's it. I can't go any further because I disagree. If I had crotchrot/cootercrickets/(put your own variation of an STD here) i wouldn't sacrifice a damn thing for it...

Tue Jan 17, 07:11:00 PM EST  
Blogger Greg said...

so an STD is worth having?

Tue Jan 17, 10:22:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SEX is worth having

Wed Jan 18, 09:08:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
island drafting and technical institute