Sunday, December 12, 2004

The end is in site.

Odds are that I am going to end regular updates to this blog on Jan 1st. I started this blog to post new ideas. I am considering pursuing some of those business ideas in a few years or decades, so I should not post them, especially since my readers chose not to help me develop the ideas.

I also started this blog to try out a new medium...just like in 6th grade (1990) when I got on the internet, or 8th grade (1992) when I went in my first chat room, or when I sent my first email (1991 or 92). Or when I made my first website (1997). Or downloaded my first mp3 and played it on my mp3 player (98). Or bought my first DVD player (97). In 2 to 5 years people who think they are ahead of the crowd will catch up and will use blogs frequently, just like 2 to 5 years after each of the above, people who thought that they were ahead of the curve caught on.

I also started this blog to develop ideas. In most cases people used it as an anonymous and cowardly forum to get jabs in on me, which is fine. Some people talk. Some people do. Without doers, the talkers would have nothing to 2nd guess. Without people helping me develop my ideas, it makes it pointless for me to post them publicly. This has been alot of fun though! Blogs certainly are a great and easy source of information dissemination.

Thank you readers, for 6 months of patronage.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoah whoah whoah...you have regular readers?

:)

Tue Dec 14, 05:59:00 PM EST  
Blogger Greg said...

surprisingly, yes. The counter at the bottom says that the site has been viewed nearly 2000 times in the last 6 months. I've only been to this site maybe 10 times...(I log in through the back end, so the counter doesn't apply to me).

It would have been fun to see how many people would come see my ideas if I actually told people this site exists.

g.

Wed Dec 15, 02:47:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greg,

If anything this site was entertaining or interesting to read. Keep it up man, what will i do when i'm bored at work and have a second to play on the internet? FYI... I've posted anonymous a few times not because i am a coward but simply because i forget to sign my name and i'm sure a few others are in the same boat on anonymous posts.

Thu Dec 16, 02:16:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
island drafting and technical institute